Tuesday 3 May 2011

New Preliminary

Having decided to remake and refilm our preliminary we therefore looked at each of our five elements again to see what can be improved from our first attempt. We decided to remake the prelim entirely instead of refilming certain sections because in our view there were lots of mistakes.



1. Rough Storyline
This has stayed the same.


2. Location
We have decided to change location because the science lab we choose to use was too big and this has caused the problem of not being able to turely focus on the dialogue. Also we want to have more of a classroom feel if we are going to use a classroom in the first place. We wanted to use a proper desk and chairs, we found that the science lab stools didn't work too well and from watching it- it didn't look much like a meeting between an employee and her boss.

This is the door of the room that is going to appear in the new preliminary. The classroom inside is a medium size, it does have many windows which could be a problem and again a whiteboard but it does have better lighting, a desk, and proper chairs.



3. Actors
Our friends from the last preliminary have agreed to star in our new and improved version.

4. Dialogue
We have decided to elaborate the script a bit more and add to the dialogue so that the meeting is a bit more realistic. We did think in the original that making the dialogue as short as possible would work but it wasn't very effective and conveying the story. Also the more elaborated dialogue allows us to realise what the characters are saying.


Hayley: I've been expecting you

Georgina: Have you, sorry if I'm late

Hayley: I assume you know why you're here

Georgina: No, not a clue

Hayley: Oh I think you do

Georgina: Ok I stole the money

Hayley: You do realise I can't let a thief work here

Georgina: I'm sorry I couldn't help it, my husband ran out on me and I've got six kids to feed

Hayley: Well it's not my problem
                I'm going to have to let you go

Georgina: Please no, just give me one more chance

Hayley: I'm Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment